You may not be familiar with all the symbols or terms used on this website. The following is an explanation of the most commonly used:
- § means section of a statute or rule.
- ___ So. 2d ___ is a Florida case-law citation, with the first blank being the book number and the second being the first page number. If there is a comma and another number, that is the specific page (in the officially reported case) where the topic cited was discussed. Where the case is available on a publicly available website, a link is usually provided.
- DCA, as in 2d DCA in a case citation, means the Florida District Court of Appeals, with the number in front indicating which District Court.
- F.A.C. means Florida Administrative Code
- F.S. means Florida Statutes
- LDRs means Land Development Regulations